Rice is considered to be the most widely consumed staple food for a large part of the world especially in Asia. It is the most important grain with regard to human nutrition and caloric intake, providing more than one-fifth of the calories consumed worldwide by humans. Rice complements almost all the cuisines and this is exactly why it is so largely consumed. There are different types of rice available in the market due to which one must be selective while choosing the preferred quality of rice since superior quality rice is good for health.
Tips for choosing good quality rice:
- Look closely at the color of the rice. Go for the rice which has a bright color with not much yellowish tinge on it.
- Pay attention to the texture of the rice. Quality rice has a texture that is powerful and not easily broken when pressed.
- Go for a type of rice that does not stick when squeezed. Rice which stick to the hand when pressed indicates that it has a lubricating content which is not good for one’s health.
- Examine the grain of rice. If you do so, you can determine whether the rice is new or aged.
- Make sure the rice does not have ticks in it.
- Bite the rice to test the quality. Good quality rice when bitten is not easily broken and is hard. If the rice is too fragile, it won’t last long.
- Buy rice from a trusted store. Choose a trusted store since it would hand over safe and healthy rice products.
These tips will certainly help you to choose the best quality of rice for you and your family. Eat healthy and stay fit!