The lockdown due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak must have hit you hard with boredom. Are you completely blank about what to do with so much of leisure time? Invest it in enriching some of your skills, like cooking! To help you with, we have an easy recipe for you.
Prepare this dish with Pragati rice and some very basic veggies and have a nice meal!
Tadka Rice happens to be a very simple yet tasty dish which doesn’t need much of a hustle to prepare. It’s yummy and nutritious as well. Follow these easy steps to prepare this dish and it’s going to hardly take a total cooking time of 25-30 minutes.
- 1 Bowl cooked rice
- 1 Small finely chopped tomato
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small capsicum finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafetida
- Salt to taste
- Heat a non-stick pan and add some cooking oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add asafetida, capsicum, a pinch of salt, onions and sauté it well.
- Cook the mixture for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix it well for 2 more minutes.
- Then add some tomatoes and give it a mix.
- Add the cooked rice and mix it well with vegetables.
- Add salt to taste and stir.
- Garnish with coriander.
The dish is now ready! Serve it in a bowl with curd and enjoy it with your family!